- a laser vision correction procedure where no flap is fashioned and there is no touching of the eye
- a laser is directly applied to the cornea to correct near or far-sightedness
- painless with mild post-operative discomfort
- visual recovery after 2 weeks
- extremely accurate with similar results to LASIK
TransPRK (Transepithelial Photorefractive Keratectomy) is the only laser surface surgery treatment where the eye isn’t touched by a surgical instrument. It uses SmartSurfACE an advanced laser eye surgery technique that corrects vision without touching the eye. It combines the benefits of Touch Free, Blade Free, Trans PRK surface treatment with innovative SmartPulse Laser Technology.
If you have short sightedness (myopia), long sightedness (hyperopia) or astigmatism, some kind of correction is needed to enable you to see more clearly. Ordinarily this correction is achieved through prescription glasses or contact lenses. Advanced Surface Laser, however, can permanently reshape the corneal curvature of the eye, thereby correcting refractive errors and alleviating the need for glasses or contact lenses.
The procedure enables the contour of the cornea to be reshaped in less than one minute.
After the cornea of the eye has been re-contoured, clear contact lenses are used to reduce discomfort during the healing of the epithelium and provide protection for the eye. The contact lenses are usually removed 3-4 days after surgery at your first post-operative assessment.
The Crystal Eye & Laser Centre will provide you with the necessary medication to minimise any discomfort during your recovery.
Benefits of TransPRK
- SmartSurfACE – No Touch, no blade all laser technology
- True surface based procedure - minimally invasive, cornea strength is preserved
- Simple & Fast – Shortest treatment time of all laser surgeries
- Higher suitability – more candidates can take advantage of this procedure
Please Note: Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.